Monday, October 3, 2011

Haunted Dining Room

I have been obsessed with all things Autumn this year, and the transformation of the decor in our home is showing it. I tore everything out of my formal dining room and made it haunted . . . for Halloween. Our kids are obsessed with the book Monster Stew and anything to do with a gory witch's brew recipe so that was my inspiration for the cabinet items. I found most of the old jars at an antique store, and I found the rest at random stores. I printed free labels from Design, Wash, Rinse, Repeat and antiqued them using Distress Ink ("Vintage Photo"). Then, I used Mod Podge to adhere them onto the jars. I filled the empty jars with various spooky-looking fillers from around the house (i.e., perfume gel dots, dried peppers, dried beans), and I tore labels from jars of actual food found at the dollar store (i.e., artichoke hearts, pickled red peppers, garlic flakes). And . . . Voila! Spooky witch's brew cabinet!












I was inspired by the spooky entry at In the Fun Lane.





No comments:

Post a Comment